Today’s a busy day in the Craven household! In a few hours, a ton of people are descending on our home to help welcome in 2011, including some of our favorite friends that we hardly ever get to see! I’ve got 3 liters of champagne and a massive to-do list to get all the food ready for these people, but so far everything’s going smoothly! Here’s our appetizers-and-dessert menu for tonight:
– “Pulled Chicken” – a few boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked in enough beer to cover them in a crockpot on high for 3 hours, then drained and shredded with barbeque sauce
– Rolls – Recipe from Joy of Cooking; will be using them for falafel and pulled chicken
– Hummus (from Costco)
– Raw veggies (celery, carrots, and bell peppers) galore!
– Cupcakes from the best cupcake store in Spokane!
– Peanut Butter Blossoms, Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies, and Pepparkakor
– Champagne, duh!
– A friend is bringing wine from his family’s winery, plus we have some, too.
– Homemade beer and apple cider from the keg-erator
– If I can get to a liquor store, hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps because it’s going to be so ridiculously cold here
Better get cooking! Happy New Year!